I develop strategies and lead projects to substantiate the safety of Ecolab innovations based on regulatory agency norms for toxicological and public health risk assessment. I cooperate with internal and external scientific experts to create strategies that effectively manage risk and deliver predictable outcomes for new product chemistry. In order to accomplish this I utilize recognized and emerging strategies for chemical risk assessment such as QSAR. I also design and commission studies to examine the safety of new innovative chemistry.
BS Biology (2011), Ohio State University
3. UA Superfund Research Program Training Core Fellowship, 2011-12.
4. Student/Postdoc/Alumni Network (SPAN) Leadership Committee for SRP, 2012-14.
5. NIEHS Training Grant - Environmental Toxicology of Human Diseases, 2013, 2014 (33,34).
6. Best Student Poster, 8th Conference on Metal Toxicity and Carcinogenesis, 2014-15.
7. Third Place, Graduate Student Research Competition, Metals Specialty Section at SOT, 2014-15.
8. Travel Award, 8th Conference on Metal Toxicity and Carcinogenesis, 2014-15.
9. Nominee, Carl C. Smith Graduate Student Award, Mechanism Specialty Section at SOT, 2014-15.
1. “Effects of Arsenite during Fetal Development on Energy Metabolism and Susceptibility to Diet-Induced Fatty Liver Disease in Male Mice” Eric Ditzel, Thu Nguyen, Patti Parker, Todd D. Camenisch | Provisionally Accepted, Environmental Health Perspectives | 2015.
2. “Methylation of Inorganic Arsenic by Murine Fetal Tissue Explants.” Derrick Broka, Eric Ditzel, Stephanie Quach, and Todd D. Camenisch | Under Revision, Drug and Chemical Toxicology | 2015.
3. "Arsenite Disrupts Zinc-Dependent TGFB2-SMAD Activity During Murine Cardiac Progenitor Cell Differentiation." Tianfang Huang, Eric J. Ditzel, Alec Perrera, Derrick M. Broka, Todd D. Camenisch | Toxicological Sciences | 2015.
4. "Altered Hepatic Transport by Fetal Arsenite Exposure in Diet-Induced Fatty Liver Disease." Eric J. Ditzel, Hui Li, Caroline E. Foy, Alec B. Perrera, Patricia Parker, Benjamin J. Renquist, Nathan J. Cherrington, Todd D. Camenisch | Under Review, Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology | 2015.