Real-World evidence research
BS Pharmaceutical Sciences (2008), Chulalongkorn University
Objectives: This study estimated the cost-effectiveness of pharmacist discharge counseling on medication-related morbidity in both the high-risk elderly and general US population.
Results: Pharmacist counseling at hospital discharge provided a small, but statistically significant, clinical improvement at a similar overall cost. Pharmacist counseling was cost saving in approximately 48% of scenarios and in the remaining scenarios had a low willingness-to-pay threshold for all scenarios being cost-effective. In addition, discharge counseling was more cost-effective in the high-risk elderly population compared to the general population.
Conclusion: This cost-effectiveness analysis suggests that discharge counseling by pharmacists is quite cost-effective and estimated to be cost saving in over 48% of cases. High-risk elderly patients appear to especially benefit from these pharmacist services.
- 2018 Semi-finalist for a Research Poster Presentation Award, The International Society for Pharmacoeconomics & Outcomes Research (ISPOR) Asia Pacific conference, Tokyo, Japan,
- 2017 First Place Award of Best Podium Presentation, Western Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research Conference (WPC) 2017, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
- 2017 Academic Excellence in the Health Pharmaceutical Outcomes, University of Arizona College of Pharmacy, Tucson, AZ, USA
- 2016 William & Betty Milleson Fink Graduate Scholarship, University of Arizona College of Pharmacy, Tucson, AZ, USA
- 2014 Certificate of Appreciation in Recognition of Service as a Project Advisor, University of Arizona College of Pharmacy, Tucson, AZ, USA
- 2014 Silver Medal Winning Abstract, Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) 2014 Nexus Meeting, Boston, MA, USA
Professional Leadership & Membership
- The Rho Chi Pharmacy Honor Society, University of Arizona College of Pharmacy
2016-Present Lifetime member
- International Society for Pharmacoeconomics & Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
2017-2018 Member, ISPOR Thailand Chatpter
2012-Present Member, national ISPOR
2013-2015 Treasurer, Student Chapter, University of Arizona
- The United States-Thai Pharmacy School Consortium
2016-2017 Member, Research working group
- International Society for Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL)
2015-2016 Member, Mixed Methods and Psychometric Special Interest Group (SIG)
- Pharmacy Quality Alliance (PQA)
2015-2016 Member, Stakeholder Advisory Panel
- Chinthammit C, Harrington A, Wild A, Werner S, Boesen K, Taylor AM, Warholak TL. "Retrospective Review of Exceptions for Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors (ACEIs) or Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs) Recommendations for a Diabetic Medicare Population. Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy. In press.
- Chinthammit C, Rupp MT, Armstrong EP, Modisett T, Snead RP, Warholak TL. Evaluation of a guided continuous quality improvement program in community pharmacies. Journal of Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice. 2017 Dec 1;10(1):26.
- Sakthong P, Chinthammit C, Sukarnjanaset P, Sonsa-ardjit N, Munpan W. Psychometric properties of the Patient-Reported Outcomes Measure of Pharmaceutical Therapy for Quality of Life (PROMPT-QoL). Value in Health Regional Issues. 2017 May 31;12:41-9.
- Lo-Ciganic WH, Floden L, Lee JK, Ashbeck EL, Zhou L, Chinthammit C, Purdy AW, Kwoh CK. Analgesic use and risk of recurrent falls in participants with or at risk of knee osteoarthritis: data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. 2017 Apr 4.
- Chinthammit C, Coull BM, Nimworapan M, Bhattacharjee S. Co-occurring Chronic Conditions and Economic Burden among Stroke Survivors in the United States: A Propensity Score-Matched Analysis. Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases. 2017 Feb 28;26(2):393-402.
- Nerapusee O, Chinthammit C, Romyen C, Pangjunhom M, Malone DC, Sakulbumrungsil R. Long-acting injectable antipsychotics in patients with schizophrenia: systematic review and mixed treatment meta-analysis. Asian Biomed. 2016 Mar 21;9(6):741.
- Chinthammit C, Armstrong EP, Boesen K, Martin R, Taylor AM, Warholak TL. Cost-Effectiveness of Comprehensive Medication Reviews Versus Noncomprehensive Medication Review Interventions and Subsequent Successful Medication Changes in a Medicare Part D Population. Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy. 2015 May;21(5):381-9.
- Euasobhon P, Chaudakshetrin P, Rushatamukayanunt P, Mandee S, Chinthammit C. Incidence and Treatment Strategies of Neuropathic Pain: The Tertiary Care Setting’s Experience. Siriraj Medical Journal. 2013:123-7.
- Chinthammit C, Armstrong EP, Warholak TL. A cost-effectiveness evaluation of hospital discharge counseling by pharmacists. Journal of Pharmacy Practice. 2012 Apr;25(2):201-8.