- Al Yami M, Kurdi S, Abraham I. Direct Oral Anticoagulants for Extended Thromboprophylaxis in Medically Ill Patients: Review, Meta-Analysis, and Risk/Benefit Assessment. Journal of Blood Medicine 2018;9:25-34.
- Bernstein JA, Kavai A, Tharp MD, Ortiz B, MacDonald K, Denhaerynck K, Abraham I. Effectiveness of Omalizumab in Adolescent and Adult patients with Chronic Idiopatic/Spontaneous Urticarial: A Systematic Review of ‘Real-World’ Evidence. Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, 18:4, 425-448, 2018.
- Mushtaq A, Kapoor V, Latif A, McBride A, Abraham I, Iftikhar A, Zahid U, Bin Riaz I, Anwer F. Efficacy and Toxicity Profile of Carfilzomib Based Regimens for Treatment of Multiple Myeloma: A Systematic Review. Critical Reviews in Oncology and Hematology 2018;125:1-11.
- Cooley J, Lee J. An Operationalization of the pharmacists’ patient care process at one public college of pharmacy. Am J Pharm Educ. 2018;82(2): Article 6301. Published online ahead of print November 2017.
- Lee J, Coiltan H, Goldsmith P, Heasley B, Dermody M, Fain M, Mohler J. An Assisted Living Interprofessional Education and Practice Geriatric Screening Clinic (IPEP-GSC). Geront & Geriatr Ed. 2018, April 13. doi: 10.1080/02701960.2018.1463222
- Vadiei N, Lee J. Psychosis in Dementia – Pharmacotherapy. Elder Care: A Resource for Interprofessional Providers
- Ip Q, Malone DC, Chong J, Harris RB, Labiner DM. An update on the prevalence and incidence of epilepsy among older adults. Epilepsy Research 2018; 139:107-112.
- Malone DC, Brown M, Hurwitz JT, Peters L, Graff JS. Real-world evidence: useful in the real world of US payer decision making? How? When? And what studies? Value in Health 2018; 21(4):389-399.
- Malone DC. Are US healthcare payers efficient? Value in Health 2018; 21:398-399.
- Alarfaj SJ, Jarrell DH, Patanwala AE. Comparison of Drug Administration Logistics Between Prothrombin Complex Concentrates and Plasma in the Emergency Department. Am J Emerg Med. 2018 Mar 24. pii: S0735-6757(18)30256-0. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2018.03.064. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29622392.
- Shurtleff V, Radosevich JJ, Patanwala AE. Comparison of Ketamine- Versus Nonketamine-Based Sedation on Delirium and Coma in the Intensive Care Unit. J Intensive Care Med. 2018 Jan 1:885066618767619. doi: 10.1177/0885066618767619. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29607710.
- Patanwala AE, Aljuhani O, Erstad BL. A cross-sectional study of predictors of pain control during the transition from the surgical intensive care unit to surgical ward. Aust Crit Care. 2018 Mar 20. pii: S1036-7314(17)30247-3. doi: 10.1016/j.aucc.2018.01.002. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29571597.
- Zhang, J., Hu, Y.M., Foley, C., Wang, Y.X., Musharrafieh, R., Xu, S.T., Zhang, Y.T., Ma, C.L., Hulme, C., Wang, J.* (2018) Exploring Ugi-azide four-component reaction products for broad-spectrum influenza antivirals with a high genetic barrier to drug resistance. Sci. Rep. (2018) ASAP.
- Musharrafieh, R., Ma, C.L., Wang, J.* (2018) Profiling the in vitro drug-resistance mechanism of influenza A viruses towards the AM2-S31N proton channel blockers. Antiviral Res. 153, 10-22. PubMed.
- Drakopoulos, A., Tzitzoglaki, C., McGuire, K., Hoffman, A., Konstantinidi, A., Kolokouris, D., Ma, C.L., Freudenberger, K., Hutterer, J., Gauglitz, G., Wang, J., Schmidtke, M., Busath, D., Kolocouris, A.* (2018) Unraveling the binding, proton blockage, and inhibition of influenza M2 WT and S31N by rimantadine variants. ACS Med. Chem. Lett. 2018, 9, 198-203. PubsACS
- Wang, Y. X., Hu, Y.M., Xu, S. T., Zhang, Y.T., Musharrafieh, R., Hau, R., Ma, C.L., Wang, J.* (2018) In vitro pharmacokinetic optimizations of AM2-S31N channel blockers led to the discovery of slow-binding inhibitors with potent antiviral activity against drug-resistant influenza A viruses. J. Med. Chem. 61, 1074-1085. PubMed
- Ma, C.L., Wang, J.* (2018) Functional studies reveal the similarities and differences between AM2 and BM2 proton channels from influenza viruses. Biochim. Biophys. Acta.-Biomembrane 1860, 272-280. PubMed
- Rojo de la Vega, M, Chapman, E, Zhang, DD. 2018. NRF2 and the Hallmarks of Cancer. Cancer Cell. 34:1-23.
- Rojo de la Vega, M, Zhang, DD*, Wondrak, G*. 2018. Topical Bixin Confers NRF2-dependent Protection Against Photodamage and Hair Graying in Mouse Skin. Front. Pharmacol. 9:287.
- Dodson, M, Liu, P, Jiang, T, Ambrose, AJ, Luo, G, Rojo de la Vega, M, Cholanians, A, Wong, PK, Chapman, E, Zhang, DD. 2018. Increased OGlcNAcylation of SNAP29 drives arsenic-induced autophagic dysfunction. MCB. ePub.
- Dodson, M, Rojo de la Vega, M, Harder, B, Castro-Portuguez, R, Rodrigues, SD, Wong, PK, Chapman, E, Zhang, DD. 2018. Low-level arsenic causes proteotoxic stress and not oxidative stress. TAAP. 341:106-113.
- Wang, T, Rojo de la Vega, M, Schmidlin, CJ, Ooi, A, Zhang, DD. 2018. Kelch-like ECH-associated protein 1 (KEAP1) differentially regulates nuclear factor erythroid-2-related factors 1 and 2 (NRF1 and NRF2). JBC. 293(6):2029-2040.
- Tao S, Rojo de la Vega M, Chapman E, Ooi A, Zhang DD. 2008. The effects of NRF2 modulation on the initiation and progression of chemically and genetically induced lung cancer. Mol Carcinog. 57(2):182-192. doi: 10.1002/mc.22745.
- R01 grant from AHRQ. The amount of the award is $1.58 million over 4 years. The title of the project is “Meaningful Drug Interaction Alerts”. Daniel Malone is the principal investigator.
- NIH National Heart Lung Blood Institute (NHLBI) STTR R41 grant award 1R41HL140741-01.Title: Novel Targeting of the S1P Receptor, S1P1, and Nox4 as Therapeutic Approaches in ARDS.
- NIH National Heart Lung Blood Institute (NHLBI) PPG (Program Project Grant) grant award P01HL103453. Title: Asthma Inflammation Research. Role: Consortium PI.
- Abraham, Ivo. “Expanded Access to Cancer Treatments with the Biosimilar Filgrastim-Sndz.” Oncology Central, Oncology Central, 12 Apr. 2018, www.oncology-central.com/2018/04/09/expanded-access-cancer-treatments-bi....
- HeadsUp Steering Committee for the University of Arizona
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) Planning Committee for 4th NIH Disaster Research Response (DR2) Tabletop Training Exercise/Workshop
- University of Arizona College of Pharmacy/Banner-University Medical Center South Campus Family Medicine and Diabetes (PGY2 Ambulatory Care) program was accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Obtained American Diabetes Association (ADA) re-recognition (re-accreditation) of the Adult Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Program at Banner - UMC South Campus. The re-recognition was granted for four years.
- Appointed for a 3-year term to the Public Education Committee of the American Geriatric Society
- Selected as only PharmD member of the American Geriatrics Society Public Health Education Committee
- Clinical Science Educator of the Year Award, Selected by PharmD Class of 2018
- Promoted to Associate Professor, Pharmacy Practice and Science, July 2018
- NIH IRCN (Innovative Research in Cancer Nanotechnology) Study Section, March 26-28, 2018.
- TechLaunch Arizona (TLA) UA Women Inventors' Spotlight
- TLA Tech Blog Special Edition: A Celebration of UA Women Inventors
- National Society Leadership:
- ATS Presidential Appointment to the American Thoracic Society (ATS) Drug/Devices Discovery & Development Leadership Committee, 2018-2019
- ATS Pediatrics Assembly Planning Committee, 2018-2019
- Selected to be a Faculty Mentor in the ATS Pediatrics Assembly at the ATS International Conference 2018, San Diego, CA
COP Committee New Appointment:
- Academic Program Review (APR) Committee
Invited Faculty Speaker and Panelist:
- The UA Admitted Students’ Day BSPS Program, invited faculty presentation speaker
- COP Residency Program, invited faculty panelist on student mentoring
- The UA Global Initiatives and The UA Office for Diversity and Inclusive Excellence, invited faculty speaker on successfully mentoring women in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and medicine)
- Elected Chair-Elected of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Library and Information Science Section
- Accepted to 2018-2019 Cohort of the Leadership and Career Development Program of the Association of Research Libraries
- Elected President of the Pediatric Pharmacy Associated and inducted as Fellow of the Pediatric Pharmacy Association
- Invited Editorial on increasing treatment complexity and the dilemma in CF care and why expertise in pharmacology/pharmacotherapeutics is vital for safe and effective medication and use, the role of pharmacists - how pharmacists should be part of every CF care team
- Received the Arizona Biomedical Research Centre (ABRC) New Investigator Award. The title of the application is “discovery of broad-spectrum influenza antivirals to combat influenza epidemics and pandemics”