Heidi Mansour, PhD, RPh, associate professor with tenure, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, serves as associate professor, College of Medicine, Clinical Translational Sciences and at the BIO5 Institute. Other appointments include track director, pharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics; associate member, NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center; affiliate faculty member, Institute of Environment and director, PharmD/PhD dual-degree joint program. As PI on multiple NIH, NSF, FDA, and pharmaceutical industrial grants, Dr. Mansour successfully leads multiple cutting-edge research projects. Her innovative research program has produced Assistant Professors who are employed at major research universities in the United States and in the Republic of S. Korea. In addition, her research program has produced Senior Research Scientists who are employed in major pharmaceutical companies in the United States. As Postdoc Mentor, Dr. Mansour has successfully mentored and trained 12 Postdoctoral Research Scholars in my research program. As Major Professor, Dr. Mansour has successfully trained and graduated 5 doctoral graduate students with PhD degrees. Her mentoring experience extends as an active faculty mentor in the ATS Assembly Mentorship Program for several mentees in the ATS Assemblies each year.
Dr. Heidi M. Mansour in the news:
- UA College of Pharmacy faculty member develops inhalers to treat lung diseases
- Tech Blog: Suramin Repurposed to Fight Oral Mucositis and Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- March 2021- Discover Pharmacy Virtual Open House
- Research and Academic Bridges with Mexico - CONACyT Scholar Opportunities | UArizona Research, Innovation & Impact
- March 12, 2021 - TechLaunch Arizona (TLA) Celebrating Women's History Month
Post-Doctoral, Molecular Pharmaceutics, University of North Carolina, 2008
Post-Doctoral, Pharmaceutical Science, University of Wisconsin, 2004
PhD Major, Pharmaceutics/Drug Delivery, University of Wisconsin, 2003
PhD Minor, Advanced Physical and Interfacial Chemistry, University of Wisconsin, 1999
BS, Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, 1996
Editorial Advisory Board member of several journals, Mansour’s authored over 90 peer-reviewed journal publications, 13 book chapters, and co-edited 2 books. She serves on the drug-device discovery and development committee for the American Thoracic Society and annual faculty instructor, International Society of Aerosols in Medicine where she co-chaired the drug delivery: new devices and emerging therapies group.
- Inhalation Aerosols: Physical and Biological Basis for Therapy. Hickey, A. J. and Mansour, H.M. (Editors), Third Edition, Lung Biology in Health and Diseases Series, Executive Editor, Dr. Claude Lenfant, CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, London, United Kingdom. (2019) 418 pages. ISBN 9781138064799
- Nanomedicine in Drug Delivery. Kumar, A., Mansour, H.M., Friedman, A., and Blough, E. (Editors), CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, London, United Kingdom. (2013) 469 pages. ISBN: 9781466506169
- PCT/US18/57549 patent for Invention #UA 18-034 Provisional Patent. “Advanced Engineered Formulations of TMP/Ligustrazine and Microparticle/Nanoparticle Formulations for Inhalation Drug Delivery for Lung Vascular, Interstitial and Airway Diseases.” Inventors: Heidi M. Mansour, PhD, Jason X.-J. Yuan, MD, PhD, Jian Wang, PhD, Alexan Gomez, MS, Priya Muralidharan, PhD, and Yali Gu.
- PCT/US18/57551 patent for Invention #UA18-048 Provisional Patent. "Advanced Engineered Formulations of Rho/Rock Kinase Inhibitor (Fasudil) Microparticle/Nanoparticle Formulations for Inhalation Drug Delivery for Respiratory and Pulmonary Vascular Diseases and Applications Therein." Inventors: Heidi M. Mansour, PhD, Stephen M. Black, PhD, and Priya Muralidharan, PhD.
- PCT/US19/14255 patent for Invention #UA18-036 Provisional Patent. “Advanced Engineered Formulations of Simvastatin and Carnitine Microparticle/Nanoparticle Formulations for Inhalation Drug Delivery for Respiratory and Pulmonary Vascular Diseases and Applications Therein” Inventors: Heidi M. Mansour, PhD, Stephen M. Black, PhD, and Maria F. Acosta.
- PCT/US18/57457 patent for Invention #UA18-037 Provisional Patent. “Advanced Engineered Formulations of Suramin Microparticles and Nanoparticles for Drug Delivery and Applications Therein.” Inventors: Heidi M. Mansour, PhD, Rick G. Schnellmann, PhD., and Maria Acosta.\
- No. 62/888,826 patent for Invention #UA18-190 Novel Formulations for Neurosteroids. "Novel Formulations for Neurosteroids." Inventors: Roberta Brinton, Kathleen Rodgers, Yu Jin Kim, and Heidi Mansour.
- No. 62/897,106 patent for for invention #UA19-252 “Stable Long-Term Infusable Formulations and Methods” and exclusive license with Cylerus, Inc. Inventors: Heidi M. Mansour, PhD, Priya Muralidharan, PhD, and Ronald Shebuski, PhD. (See articles on Research Outreach and SciTech Europa)
Inhaled medical aerosols
Nanotechnology and nanomedicine
Lung surfactant and respiratory distress syndrome
Acute lung injury
CNS and brain neurotherapeutics
Inhaled medical aerosols and inhaler devices
Advanced drug delivery systems
Drug-device combination products
In vitro USP/FDA performance testing
In vitro 2-D/3-D human cellular models for drug transport
In vivo animal models for PK/PD