College of Pharmacy New Hire Resources


We're excited to welcome you to the PharmCAT Family! Start your path to a rewarding career at the College of Pharmacy by reviewing the below new employee tasks, required trainings and college resources.

  1. Sign up for Direct Deposit 

    Instructions are found on the Financial Services Office/Payroll website

  2. New Employee Orientation and Benefits Enrollment

    The Welcome & Benefits Orientation course is now offered via Zoom, this course provides an overview of benefits options, but it is not required prior to signing up for benefits; if interested, please register on the Human Resources website. Click the red "enroll" button, which will take you to UAccess Learning. Once in UAccess you will need your NetID and password to log in, then simply click "enroll" under the course date you are interested in. If you have any questions or concerns or need to review your benefits, please contact Andres Gabaldon, UAHS HR, at 626-4650 or You have to enroll in your benefits within 30 days from the date of hire.

    • Your offer letter will state whether or not you are benefits and retirement eligible.
    • Benefit enrollment is split into two parts: 1) Enrollment into a mandatory Retirement Plan and 2) 24 hours after selecting the retirement plan, select the remaining benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.) using the same tile in UAccess Employee. Instructions for how to enroll in benefits in UAccess Employee can be found online HERE.
    • Employees who meet the criteria and requirements of an approved retirement plan are required by law to enroll and participate in one of the plans for which they are eligible. You must enroll in your retirement plan within 30 days from the date of hire. Retirement plan options and enrollment information can be found on the Human Resources website.
    • Benefits may be selected one day after enrolling in retirement. You must enroll in your benefits within 31 days from the date of hire. A complete list and description of benefit plans and programs is available on the Human Resources website.
    • You may change your insurance coverage once per year during open enrollment. Updates may be made to insurance coverage if you have a qualified life event. Changes can be made online here
  1. Required Training 

  1. CatCard

    You will need a CatCard prior to requesting building access or keys. Request your CatCard through the CardsOnline Service Portal

  1. Key Request and Building Maintenance/Repair Request

    To request keys and building access, you will complete a Key request form found within the College's Internal Links site. A guide to completing this form can be found here: KEY REQUEST FORM GUIDANCE. For Phoenix employees, the administrative staff will request building access for you. Please note: a copy of your CatCard is needed with any key request. Please email to request building maintenance requests.

  1. Parking Permits

    Identify your transportation needs and apply for a parking permit if necessary.  

  1. Driver Registration

    If at any time during your employment you anticipate driving a University-issued vehicle or driving your own vehicle on University business, you will be required to have a valid Arizona Driver’s License and you may be subject to a driver’s record check and/or required to attend driving training courses.  

  1. Timesheets

    • Exception Reporters: If your offer letter shows your Fair Labor Standards Act Status is Exempt, you will only need to complete a timesheet during the pay periods when you are away from work (i.e., vacation, sick, etc.). More information on exception reporters
    • Positive Pay Reporters: If your offer letters shows your Fair Labor Standards Act Status is Non-Exempt, you will need to complete a timesheet every pay period or you will not be paid.  Timesheets must be completed and approved by the deadline without exception in order to receive pay for that pay period. More information on postive pay reporters
    • For training related to timesheets, visit the Payroll website:
    • Timesheet due dates and pay dates may be found on the Payroll Calendar:
  1. Time Away from Work

    • The College of Pharmacy uses the Employee Absence Record form to request time away from work for Vacation, planned Sick Leave, or University Business Travel. Supervisors must approve the form; once signed, deliver the form to the Business Office. Vacation and University Business Travel must be pre-approved. Note: for University Business Travel the form should be delivered to your department business office for preparation of a Travel Authorization form. The form MUST be filed prior to any University Business Trip.
    • Vacation: For vacation accrual rates and carry forward, refer to the Human Resources website on vacation.
    • Sick: For sick time accrual rates and usage, refer to the Human Resources website on sick leave.
    • Vacation and sick leave balances may be found in the Employee module of UAccess.
    • Holidays: To receive compensation for a holiday, an employee must be at work or on an approved leave with pay on the normal workdays preceding and following the holiday. For a schedule of holidays, please refer to the Human Resources website on holidays. 
    • Administrative Leave: For information on administrative leave days such as jury duty and bereavement, please visit the Human Resources website on administrative leave.
    • Leave of Absence: A leave of absence is an extended absence from work, with or without pay. To review policies related to Family Medical Leave, maternity/paternity leave, paid parental leave, sabbatical leaves, etc. please visit the Human Resources website on types of leave. 
  1. Travel-University Business

    • Prior to your first University Business trip, please consult with the business office to go over travel polices
    • The College of Pharmacy pays a flat $80 for trips to/from Tucson/Phoenix.
    • International Travel requires additional approval; register your travel at least 30 days in advance. International travel policies
    • Travel Quick Reference Guide
    • Travel Brochure
    • University- or College-imposed travel restrictions may apply; please check with the business office prior to making any reservations or paying registration fees.
  1. New Research Faculty/Principal Investigators:

    • If you are a new research faculty member, please review the New Investigator Checklist 
    • Contact University of Arizona Health Sciences (UAHS) Research Administration at as early as possible for grant transfers or new grant proposals. Please note transferring grants takes time so please start this process before your employment start date if possible.
  2. Email Setup - you will have two email addresses

    • The College of Pharmacy email and access to the College of Pharmacy Network will be set up by College of Pharmacy Information Technology. You will receive an email with the COP email address and log in information. Please reset the password once you have logged in.
    • The University of Arizona email is “your NetID”" 
    • Follow the instructions to forward one email to the other so that you will only need to check one email inbox.

Emergency Information:
Please refer to the Risk Management Emergency Information website which has a variety of emergencies listed and explains actions to take in each situation. The page also has a link to Incident Reporting to report injuries, incidents and claims for employees, non-employees (students/visitors) and property (theft, vandalism).
When in doubt, call 9-1-1

Building Addresses:
Skaggs Pharmaceutical Sciences: 1703 E. Mabel St, Tucson, AZ 85724
Drachman Hall: 1295 N. Martin Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719
Phoenix Building 3: 650 E. Van Buren St., Building 3 Room 02-3250A, Phoenix, AZ 85004

Mailing Addresses:
Skaggs Pharmaceutical Sciences:
University of Arizona
R. Ken Coit College of Pharmacy
Skaggs Pharmaceutical Sciences Center
1703 E. Mabel St.
P.O. Box 210207
Room 345
Tucson, AZ 85721

Drachman Hall:
University of Arizona
R. Ken Coit College of Pharmacy
Pulido Center
1295 N. Martin Ave
P.O. Box 210202
Room B307
Tucson, AZ 85721

Other Useful Websites: