Academic Policy

Declaring the Pharmaceutical Sciences Major

If you are an incoming freshman or transfer student, you can choose the Pharmaceutical Sciences major on your university application.  If you are a current UA student and are interested in switching into the PharmSci major (or adding it as a second major), you may do so by making an appointment with an academic advisor.  Any current UA student with a 2.0 cumulative GPA and a 2.0 average in required Pharmaceutical Sciences major courses (including foundation science coursework) is eligible to declare the major.


Registration for More than 19 Units

Students need special permission from their college in order to enroll in more than 19 units in any given semester. These decisions are considered on a case-by-case basis and will depend on factors such as your overall workload, current GPA, success with a heavy course load in previous semesters, and any extenuating circumstances.  Students must have a cumulative UA GPA of at least 3.0 based on at least one full-time semester at the university to be considered for an override.  Students may petition to take up to (but not to exceed) 22 units.

Students may request a registration override by submitting a College of Pharmacy Petition to Increase Maximum Units Requests.  Any questions about the petition process or override policies should be directed to Rebecca Field at