Working alongside medical and clinical toxicology faculty, this dual PharmD/MD training program prepares you to become board certified in toxicology.
The Arizona Poison and Drug Information Center is offering a two-year pharmacy fellowship in the field of toxicology. This is a unique opportunity for pharmacy to become an expert in the growing field of toxicology.
The clinical and education didactics will include:
Expected and required activities:
- Cases in a clinical setting, direct patient care in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- Research projects in the area of toxicology and/or toxicology
- Daily didactics, weekly and monthly journal clubs
- Presentations at a local or national meeting
- Attendance and certification in Advanced Hazmat Life Support, Toxicology review course, and North American Congress of Clinical Toxicology
- Goal of training is to sit for and pass the American Board of Applied Toxicology examination