The National Community Pharmacists Association is the organization to join if you are interested in pharmacy ownership, independent or compounding pharmacy, or just getting to know the field of pharmacy better.
What Makes NCPA Different From Other Organizations?
In addition to having monthly lunch meetings featuring speakers from pharmacies all over the state, NCPA takes pride in being active in the Tucson community.
- Donate and make dinner for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House
- Help cholesterol screenings booth at school health fairs
How is NCPA active within the College of Pharmacy?
- NCPA offers cholesterol screenings to the public numerous times during the school year
- NCPA was the first organization to inform the public about their choices in Medicare Part D drug plans. Our Medicare Part D Student Outreach program has been recognized by the Tucson media and by the Arizona Pharmacists Association
- We have monthly meetings that highlight opportunities within independent pharmacy
With your membership, you will also get access to many scholarships, low-interest student loans, and a subscription to the monthly NCPA publication, America’s Pharmacist. As a member, you’ll receive two additional free registration to the American College of Apothecaries and American College of Veterinary Pharmacists on top of your NCPA membership
- President: Monique Cazares
- President Elect: Haley Shaffer
- Treasurer: Harriett Reid
- Secretary: Raquel Martinez
- VP of Membership/Fundraising: Tkiya Langendorf
- Legislative Liaison: Sammy Zimmerman
- Tucson Cholesterol Coordinators: Mikayla Gerdes, Raquel Martinez, Connor Holloway, Kamilla Izmailova
- Phoenix Cholesterol Coordinators: Rion Poland, Martin Garcia
- Phoenix Liaison: Alyssa Abbate