The UA American Society of Consultant Pharmacists Student Chapter was founded on October 8, 2013, with the focus being geriatrics and long-term care. This organization desires to make a difference in the lives of the geriatric population of our local community. ASCP will expand the presence of the University of Arizona on the national level by attending the national conferences. The vision of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists is to deliver quality medication services to the geriatric population to improve their health outcomes and overall quality of life.
The mission of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists is to encourage pharmacists and other members of the health care team to improve the quality of care for our aging population through medication management.
- Interprofessional Medication Therapy Management Reviews
- "Senior Prom" for Geriatric Residents
- Bake Sales
- Guest Speakers at monthly meetings
- ASCP Annual Meeting
- ASCP Policy and Advocacy
- President: MeKayla Mehrara
- President-Elect: Julia Nelson
- Treasurer: Sania Ali
- Secretary: Maryann Mirzakandov
- Community Outreach Director: Sarita James-Atwater
- Director of Fundraising: Amber Brewer
- Director of Public Relations: Juan Chong
- Phoenix Campus Coordinator: Leah Rios