The Advanced Clinical Pharmacy Practice Graduate Certificate Program offers learning and training opportunities to international scholars who would like to fulfill licensing eligibility requirements and apply for pharmacy residency programs in the US.
- Students complete a 1,500-hour pharmacy internship and a professional development workshop series.
- Students focus on their preparation for the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE), Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT), North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX) and Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination (MPJE).
- Over 30 pharmacy rotations are available with a different emphasis (e.g. internal medicine, infectious diseases, emergency medicine, and medication management) are available for students’ clinical training.
- Staff and faculty in the certificate program are dedicated to international students and provide personalized support and training to meet the individual needs of students.
- Approximately 90% of certificate program graduates move to PGY1 residency and 80% to PGY2 residency.
Tailored Curriculum Designed for International Student
Faculty and staff in the certificate program have worked with international students for more than 20 years. We are here to support them through their academic, clinical and professional progression in areas such as advanced clinical training for residency, preparation for the licensure and English proficiency exams, and more.
Required Units: 36
Core (18 credits)
Electives (18+ credits)
- PHPR803: Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience
- PHPR804: Communication Skills & Human Behaviors
- PHPR806B/C: Pharmacotherapeutics II/III
- PHPR809: Pharmacy Practice
- PHPR816A: Patient Assessment and Diagnostics
- PHPR843: Pharmacy Law
- PHPR861A: Literature Evaluation – Statistical Methods
- PHPR862: Writing a Proposal for a Scientific Study
- PHPR893A: Internship for International Students
- PHPR898A/B: Preparation for Internship I/II
For more information, please contact:
|Akiko Ota, MPA
Skaggs Building 109A