Service & Utilities

This list is not a comprehensive representation of all possible service providers available in the area, but rather includes companies or services commonly used by UA students.

Visit Tucson

Tucson Convention & Visitor Bureau 
100 S. Church Avenue 
Call and ask for "For Rent" magazine (listings of apartments), their housing guide, and maps of the city, rental areas and shopping malls. Specify whether you want to rent or buy. 

University Career Services
Student Union Memorial Center, room 411

Telephone & Internet Services

Century Link - Phone

Century Link - Internet

Cox - Phone

Cox - Internet 


Electric & Gas 

Tucson Electric Power Company

Southwest Gas
520-889-1888, or 1-800-428-7324

Water Service

City of Tucson Water Department
If possible, call two or three days before service is needed. 

Fire Services 

Rural Metro Fire Department
Yearly fee, depending on square footage. 

Driver's License

AZ Department of Transportation
The State of Arizona issues all drivers' licenses. An out of state resident moving to Arizona has 30 days in which to apply for an Arizona license. It is required by law that the state of Arizona also be notified within 10 days of a change address. Students taking 7 units or more are not considered Arizona residents, and therefore do not need to apply for an Arizona Driver's License. If you plan on obtaining residency in Arizona, you have 30 days to apply for a license. Be prepared to pay $25 for your license, it seems a hefty fee, but it won't expire until late in the 21st century. You can visit AZDOT for basic services or email

Driver's License, Title and Registration:

7330 N. Shannon Rd

3565 S. Broadmont

Emissions Inspection

AZ Department of Environmental Quality
520-628-5395 or 1-800-284-7748
Emissions inspections are required annually in Arizona. You must present the title to your vehicle at the time of testing, before registration of your vehicle. 

Voter Registration

Service Arizona
A county office of the City Hall where you live can register you to vote. Call the Pima County Recorder at 520-623-2649 for information. When you apply for an Arizona driver's license, the website also gives you the option to register to vote at that time. 

Major Banks

Choose carefully as not all banks offer the same services at the same prices. Many of the banks in the university area offer special deals for University employees and students; be sure to ask your representative when setting up your new account. Also, check into credit unions. University employees are eligible to joint Saguaro Credit Union and Arizona State Employees Savings and Credit Union.

The inclusion of these companies and organizations does not equate to an endorsement by the UA College of Pharmacy.