The College of Pharmacy Awards for Excellence recognize outstanding achievement on the job. They are awarded annually.
Nominations need not address all criteria, but the more information you include in any category, the stronger the nomination. If you think a candidate is deserving because of actions that do not fall in any of the areas below, please elaborate in the nomination form.
Outstanding Achievement on the Job
- Demonstrates outstanding communication skills that result in improved work outcomes or actionable goals.
- Assists beyond regular job duties when unit is short-staffed.
- Participates on committees or special work groups and contributes to achieving success.
- Exhibits outstanding organizational and time-management skills that result in improved work outcomes.
- Produces high quality and/or high quantity of work over an extended period of time.
Exceptional Contributions Towards the Effectiveness, Efficiency and Quality of the College
- Develops innovative solutions or enhances existing ones to save resources and/or improve outcomes.
- Takes initiative to implement positive change; questions existing paradigms.
- Eliminates unnecessary actions or steps for delivering service or achieving goals.
- Integrates information or equipment to increase efficiency or improve systems.
- Finds ways to achieve desired outcomes despite obstacles.
Outstanding Service to Other Employees, Students, Faculty, Visitors or Others
- Understands and respects the roles of various team members; completes own responsibilities in a manner that supports the whole.
- Takes positive actions for others that are beyond job requirements; being so helpful that others take notice (for instance, write letters of appreciation); performing job functions in an exceptionally helpful, courteous and cooperative manner.
- Supports and recognizes the contributions of others; builds camaraderie and fosters community.
Distinguished Efforts in Professional Development, Teamwork or Leadership
- Approaches problems as opportunities.
- Pursues opportunities to improve own skills and abilities and/or those of others.
- Contributes to an exceptionally supportive, team-oriented environment; creates a supportive work environment in which team building can occur naturally.
- Provides supervision or mentoring in a manner that promotes outstanding teamwork and cooperation.
- Develops programs that provide increased opportunities for employees to upgrade abilities and skills or better understanding.
Any employee of the College of Pharmacy or any enrolled student of the College of Pharmacy may nominate. One nomination packet compiled by a primary nominator is required for an employee to qualify for an award. The nomination packet must include all of the following:
- Complete the online nomination form (see below for link).
- Written nomination from a primary nominator outlining how the nominee exceeds the criteria.
Document must be uploaded via the nomination form.
- At least ONE additional comment from any COP employee or student.
No more than FIVE statements of support will be considered.
- All statements of support should be combined as one document.
Uploaded to the nomination form, either as one Word or PDF file.
The following current COP employees received Awards for Excellence during the past five years and are not eligible for the 2020 award.
- 2015: Sonya Basurto
- 2016: Ann Taylor, Kate Johnson
- 2017: Barb Collins, Les Elmore, James Kloster
- 2018: Stacy Lauver, Natalie Melchiorre, Chase Wilson
- 2019: Cindy Cowen, David Bishop, Rebecca Field
- 2020: Steven Dudley, Anna Hernandez