Welcome to COP
The College of Pharmacy was the first health science college at the University of Arizona, and now has more than 65 years of history. Today the college is one of the premier pharmacy schools in the nation. Dean J. Lyle Bootman tells you more about the college, which is primarily located in Tucson, with students completing their training throughout the state.
College of Pharmacy's Vision
To be a worldwide leader in improving health through education, research, and practice and by providing society with innovative professionals and scientists.
College of Pharmacy's Mission
To provide outstanding professional and graduate education, generate and expand pharmaceutical knowledge, optimize health and improve quality of life in a dynamic and global community
College of Pharmacy's Values
We hold the following as our guiding principles:
- We strive for excellence and integrity in everything we do.
- We are dedicated to improving the quality of life for others through innovative practice, research, community service and leadership.
- We believe that interprofessional education and interdisciplinary research lead to enhanced outcomes in each area.
- We have an important responsibility to serve our professional and scientific societies.
- We are responsible for helping create and define the future through discovery, creativity, analysis, experimentation and practice.
- We evaluate the outcomes of what we do and use these evaluations to improve productivity and to establish best practices and quality benchmarks.
- We seek and respect a diversity of background and opinion among our students, faculty and staff, and deal with all members of our organization fairly and ethically.
- We support our students, staff, and faculty by creating a collegial and positive environment for learning and working.
- We believe that education is a lifelong journey, and provide learning opportunities at many levels beyond our degree paths, including pre-college, post-PharmD and postdoctoral programs, as well as mentoring, professional development and continuing education programs.
- We welcome participation by alumni, colleagues, employers, consumers, healthcare providers and others in our efforts to respond to the evolving educational, clinical and research needs of the 21st Century.
To learn more about Dean Bootman, see his entry in the college's online directory.
To learn more about all the deans who have led the College of Pharmacy, view the Hall of Deans pages.