go to The University of Arizona website
Home

The History of Pharmacy Museum Photo Tour

The History of Pharmacy Museum at the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy grew out of the work of Jesse Hurlbut, a former Tucson pharmacist and state pharmacy board inspector, who meticulously collected pharmacy items from around Arizona and elsewhere in the West. The museum opened in 1966 in the old Pharmacy/Microbiology building on the UA main campus and was moved to the current College of Pharmacy building at the Arizona Health Sciences Center in 1982.

Spanning all four floors of the Pharmacy building, the museum contains a collection of over 60,000 bottles, original drug containers, books, store fixtures, and artifacts from Arizona (circa 1880 to 1950), including several large drug store fixtures from Arizona's territorial days.