The mission of the National Advisory Board is to provide specific advice and support, as requested by the dean or his designee, to the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy to advance its programs, faculty and students.
The goals of the National Advisory Board are to:
- Advocate and represent the mission, goals and activities of the College of Pharmacy to its constituents.
- Advise the dean on key issues involving programs, research, teaching, patient care, public service, administration and other areas.
- Assist with ensuring long-term financial support for the college.
- Assist the college in long-range planning that maintains and enhances its exemplary reputation for scholarship and scientific excellence.
- Encourage faculty and student development through personal interaction with individuals in the college.
Members of the current board are:
- Charles Burnett, Retired, CostCo
- Perry Cohen, CEO, The Pharmacy Group, LLC
- R. Ken Coit, Coit Financial
- Jack Cole, Dean Emeritus and Professor
- Stan Goldenberg, President, Bravo Pharmacy
- Ira Halpern, Co-Founder, Modern Health Inc.
- Christopher Hogan, Vice President, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- Richard Katz, CEO, Modern Health Inc.
- Shaun Kirkpatrick, President, Biotechnologies; Research Corporation Technologies, Inc.
- Anne McCluskey, Director, Cardinal Health Inc.
- John Musil, President, Avella Specialty Pharmacy
- Patrick O'Brien, Arrowhead Research Corportation
- Mark Pulido, CEO, ABILITY Network
- Eric Racine, Vice President, Global Patient Advocacy, Sanofi
- Jeffrey Rein, Retired, President and CEO, Walgreens
- Mary Ryan, (Emeritus member) Retired, Vice President, Medco Health Solutions, Inc.
- Bruce Seligmann, Chairman, High Throughput Genomics, Inc.
- Marcus Sredzinski, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President, ScriptSave
- Hal Wand, Retired, Arizona State Board of Pharmacy
- Greg Watanabe, President, MedImpact
- William Wheeler, Retired, Director, Eli Lilly and Company
Photo caption: Board members at 2015 board meeting
See the following pages to learn more about these outstanding individuals.