In memory of NAB member Charles Burnett, longstanding alumni and friend of the college who passed away in June 2017. Charles is pictured in front row, second from the left in the Arizona t-shirt. He will be greatly missed!
The mission of the National Advisory Board is to provide specific advice and support, as requested by the dean or his designee, to the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy to advance its programs, faculty and students.
The goals of the National Advisory Board are to:
- Advocate and represent the mission, goals and activities of the College of Pharmacy to its constituents.
- Advise the dean on key issues involving programs, research, teaching, patient care, public service, administration and other areas.
- Assist with ensuring long-term financial support for the college.
- Assist the college in long-range planning that maintains and enhances its exemplary reputation for scholarship and scientific excellence.
- Encourage faculty and student development through personal interaction with individuals in the college.
- Nancy Alvarez, Assistant Dean, Chapman University School of Pharmacy
- Kevin P. Boesen, Founder and CEO, Sinfonia Rx
- Perry Cohen, CEO, The Pharmacy Group, LLC
- R. Ken Coit, Coit Financial
- Jack Cole, Dean Emeritus and Professor
- Anne Freyer, Retired, West Region Director of Pharmacy Practice for Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions
- Stan Goldenberg, President, Bravo Pharmacy
- Ira Halpern, Co-Founder, Modern Health Inc.
- Christopher Hogan, Vice President, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- Richard Katz, CEO, Modern Health Inc.
- Shaun Kirkpatrick, President, Biotechnologies; Research Corporation Technologies, Inc.
- John E. Murphy, Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Science
- John Musil, President, Avella Specialty Pharmacy
- Patrick O'Brien, Arrowhead Research Corporation
- Cathleen Peterson-Layne, Director of Obstetric Anesthesiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center/Nebraska Medicine
- Mark Pulido, CEO, ABILITY Network
- Eric Racine, Vice President, Global Patient Advocacy, Sanofi
- Jeffrey Rein, Retired, President and CEO, Walgreens
- Mary Ryan, (Emeritus member) Retired, Vice President, Medco Health Solutions, Inc.
- Bruce Seligmann, Chairman, High Throughput Genomics, Inc.
- Rick G. Schnellmann, Dean, University of Arizona College of Pharmacy
- Glenn Sipes, Professor Emeritus, University of Arizona
- Marcus Sredzinski, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President, ScriptSave
- Greg Watanabe, President, MedImpact
- William Wheeler, Retired, Director, Eli Lilly and Company
See the following pages to learn more about these outstanding individuals.