National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA)
The National Community Pharmacists Association is the organization to join if you are interested in pharmacy ownership, independent or compounding pharmacy, or just getting to know the field of pharmacy better.
What makes NCPA different from the other organizations?
In addition to having monthly lunch meetings featuring speakers from pharmacies all over the state, NCPA takes pride in being active in the Tucson community.
- volunteer, through Katy’s Kids, teaching children how medications work.
- teach children, through the Open Airways program, how to handle their asthma.
- make dinner for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House.
How is NCPA active within the College of Pharmacy?
- With Safeway Pharmacies, NCPA offers cholesterol screenings to the public numerous times during the school year.
- Coordinate the Ostomy Fair in February that takes place at Tucson Medical Center.
- NCPA was the first organization to inform the public about their choices in Medicare Part D drug plans. Our Medicare Part D Student Outreach program has been recognized by the Tucson media and by the Arizona Pharmacists Association.
- We have monthly meetings that highlight opportunities within independent pharmacy.
With your membership, you will also get access to many scholarships, low-interest student loans and a subscription to the monthly NCPA publication, America’s Pharmacist.
For more information, read the pages below, or e-mail Ashley Sweaney.
Did you see the recent story about us in the COP Bulletin?