The Arizona Pharmacy Association (AzPA) was founded on April 20, 2004. Multiple state organizations merged together to form AzPA, uniting different entities from various niches of pharmacy under one name.
On April 12, 2010, the AzPA Board of Directors approved the formation of the Student Pharmacist Academy (SPA), joining AzPA’s original five academies which include the Health-Systems Academy, Community Practice Academy, Geriatric Care Academy, Managed Care Academy, and Technician Academy.
AzPA Vision Statement:
Empowering pharmacy professionals to provide optimal patient care
AzPA Mission Statement:
The Arizona Pharmacy Association is committed to serving and representing all pharmacy professionals in all practice settings. AzPA will foster safe and effective medication therapy, promote innovative practice, and empower its members to serve the health care needs of the public.
- AzPA Annual Meeting featuring a student track
- Mentor Connection Program
- AzPA Student Leadership Conference
- Aware (Prescription Drug Abuse Program)
- Katy's Kids (Medicine Safety Program for Kids)
- Pharmacy Day at the Capitol
- Lunch Meetings
- Political advocacy at the state and national level
2015-2016 AzPA Student Pharmacist Academy Executive Committee
- Chair: Seth Anderson
- Chair-Elect: Candice Eastman
- Secretary: Rianne Michael
- Treasurer: Justin Cushing
- Continuing Education Committee/Fundraising Representative: Debra Droopad
- Membership Committee Representative: Sarina Dhaliwal
- Legislative/PharmPAC Committee Representative: Kriz Alvarez
- Arizona Pharmacy Foundation (APF) Patient Services Program Committee Representative: Isha Shah