The ASCP University of Arizona Student Chapter was founded on October 8, 2013 with the focus being geriatrics and long-term care. This organization desires to make a difference in the lives of the geriatric population of our local community. ASCP will expand the presence of the University of Arizona on the national level by attending the national conferences.
Vision Statement: The vision of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists is to deliver quality medication services to the geriatric population to improve their health outcomes and overall quality of life.
Mission Statement: The mission of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists is to encourage pharmacists and other members of the healthcare team to improve the quality of care for our aging population through medication management.
ASCP Student Chapter Meetings: 1st Tuesday of every month 5 p.m. in Drachman Hall A118
- Interprofessional Medication Therapy Management Reviews
- "Senior Prom" for Geriatric Residents
- Bake Sales
- Guest Speakers at Monthly Meetings
- ASCP Annual Meeting
- ASCP Policy and Avocacy
ASCP Student Chapter Officers
- President: Caitlin Katz
- President-Elect: Aileen Dauz
- Public Relations: Koanhee Rim
- Community Outreach Director: Ariane Guthrie
- Treasurer: Justin Goal
- Secretary: Oliver Goal
- Historian: Tiffany Mejia
- Director of Membership: Gavin Chiles
- Director of Fundraising: Anne Hiller
- Phoenix Campus Coordinator: Terry Jordan
- Faculty adviser: Dr. Jeannie Lee
The video above was prepared November 2015 as part of a presentation about community service at the College of Pharmacy.