Twenty-four students in the PharmD Class of 2013 have told the college they matched with a residency program.
Postgraduate residencies in hospitals, medical centers, clinics and other healthcare settings provide graduates with opportunities to explore additional aspects of the profession of pharmacy, work with interdisciplinary teams and hone critical thinking skills.
“We are very proud of all our graduates,” says Associate Dean John Murphy, “but especially happy for those who secured residencies in these very challenging times of high demand compared to supply for positions. (Nearly one-third of interested graduates across the country were not able to get a residency this year.) These talented graduates will represent the college well in their residency programs and throughout their careers. We also hope that many of them will come back and serve as preceptor faculty for the college in the future.”
The graduates and the programs to which they were matched are:
- Matthew Andrews – Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Erica Davis – Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center, Brooklyn
- Alexander Dong – RegenceRx, Portland, Oregon
- Kristen Ellis – The University of Arizona Medical Center
- Mohammed Fazel – Southern Arizona VA Health Care System
- Christine Hackman – University Medical Center of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas
- Dory Hardy – Southern Arizona VA Health Care System
- Michelle Hines -- University of Maryland Medical Center
- Evan Hood – University of Florida MTM/Geriatrics, Gainesville
- Michaela Johnson-Clague – The University of Arizona Medical Center
- Olga Lowrey – Critical Care Systems, Inc.
- Heather Magsarili – Children’s Medical Center, Dallas
- Erin McCusker – The University of Arizona Medical Center
- Michelle McLain – Southern Arizona VA Health Care System
- Nathanael Mihoch – Sierra Nevada VA, Reno, Nevada
- Sarah Norman – University of Montana St. Patrick Hospital
- Rajal Patel – Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center, West Virginia
- Ryan Pett – Indian Health Service
- Sheida Rahimzadeh – Southern Arizona VA Health Care System
- Laurel Seibert – Keck Hospital, University of Southern California
- Natalee Tanner – Southern Arizona VA Health Care System
- Sierra Vig – Highland Park Hospital, Illinois
- Phillip Weddle – Memorial Hermann – Texas Medical Center
- Sterling White – VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, Pocatello, Idaho
All of the residencies listed above are PGY1 (postgraduate year one) residencies.