Members of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) student chapter at the UA College of Pharmacy threw a “sock hop” themed dance for the older adults of St. Luke's Home in Tucson April 25. The student pharmacists and students in other healthcare professions celebrated with the residents and thanked them for their participation in the interprofessional clinics ASCP has held at St. Luke’s during the past year.
Nicole Henry, ASCP student chapter president says, "We were thrilled to get the chance to bond with the residents during the sock hop to thank them for their participation in our clinics...ASCP hopes to sponsor this event annually at St. Luke's Home."
The reaction from the residents was overwhelmingly positive. Here are some of the comments recieved in response to the sock hop:
- "I really enjoyed the dancing and the root beer floats."
- "Really loved it. One of the best events ever at St. Luke's."
- "It was too short. Wished there was more."
- "It was a blast. Want another just like it."
- "Loved having my picture taken with Elvis. A real trip down memory lane."