The College of Pharmacy has welcomed a host of new employees to our ranks since the Bulletin's last report. We're also saying good-bye to two veteran employees.
Ashley Campbell began as an assistant professor for the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science on Aug. 1. She will serve a joint appointment with Banner - University Medical Center Tucson as an internal medicine pharmacist. Campbell completed a PGY2 residency in geriatrics while concurrently participating in a two-year Faculty Development Fellowship through the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center St. Margaret and the University of Pittsburgh.
Also joining the college in recent weeks are the following folks.
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science
- Instructional specialist senior- Thomas Martin
- Research assistant- Heidi Steiner
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Postdoctoral research associate I- Pengfei Liu, Thushara Madanayake
- Research technician- Larissa Guimaraes, Yanmei Hu
- Research specialist senior- Wujing Dai
Lab of Dean Schnellmann
- Research specialist senior- Pallavi Bhargava, Robert Cameron, Justin Collier, Whitney Gibbs
Arizona Poison and Drug Information Center
- Poison/drug education specialist- Laura Morehouse
- Clinical toxicology fellow- Dana Roman
Center for Toxicology
- Research technician- Ingrique Salt
Medication Management Center
- Information providers- David Bryan, Stephanie Heath, Rene Higuera, Cullen Murphy
- Operations manager, call center- Craig Candito
- Medication management specialists- Alejandra Aguilar, Lindsay Dudek, Carlos Hernandez, Natalie Hirleman, Sally Lieu, Sonia Morales, Deborah Nicholson, Brittany Tse
Two long-time employees of the college have announced their retirements. Ginny Geib, director of communications, will retire in October after 12 years at COP and 18 years with UA. In September, Karin Lorentzen, assistant director of communications, will retire after more than 10 years at the college. This issue of the Bulletin will be the last one they produce.