MS & PHD STUDENTS
Aram Cholanians, PhD
Academic & Professional Updates
EducationB.S., Molecular and Cellular Biology (2011) University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Main goal of my project is to identify dopamine induced alpha-synuclein post-translational modifications, using mass-spectrometry tools. The present study will provide insights into the chemistry of alpha-synuclein post-translational modifications and provide knowledge for better and more complete understanding SYN aggregation and potential interventions and biomarkers for such reactions.
Honors & Achievements
2. Human Genes and the Environment Research (HuGER) Training Grant, 2013-14.
3. NIEHS Training Grant-Environmental Toxicology of Human Diseases, 2014, 2015 (34, 35).
4. ASPET Best Student Abstract Award (Finalist), 2014-15.
5. ASPET Travel Award, 2014-15.
6. GPSC Travel Award, 2014-15.
1. L. E. Lizarraga, A. B. Cholanians, A. V Phan, J. M. Herndon, S. S. Lau, T. J. Monks. Pharmacological Inhibition of the Vesicular Monoamine Transporter 2 Attenuates 3, 4-(±)methylenedioxymethamphetamine (Ecstasy)-Induced Hyperthermia, Hyperactivity and Neurotoxicity in Sprague Dawley Rats. Toxicological Sciences. 2014 October.
2. L. E. Lizarraga, A. V Phan, A. B. Cholanians, J. M. Herndon, S. S. Lau, T. J. Monks. Serotonin Reuptake Transporter (SERT) Deficiency Protects Against 3, 4- (±)MethylenedioxyMethamphetamine-Induced Hyperthermia, Hyperactivity and Neurotoxicity in SERT-KO Rats. Toxicological Sciences. 2014 March 4 (In Press).
3. J. M. Herndon, A. B. Cholanians, L. E. Lizarraga, S. S. Lau, T. J. Monks. Catechol-O-Methyltransferase Inhibition and 3,4-(±)MethylenedioxyMethamphetamine-Induced Toxcicity. Toxicological Sciences. 2014 March 3 (In Press).
4. J. M. Herndon, A. B. Cholanians, S. S. Lau, T. J. Monks. (2013) Glial Cell Response to 3,4-(±)-MethylenedioxymetHamphetamine and Its Metabolites. Toxicological Sciences. 2013 Dec 3 (In Press).