Main goal of my project is to identify dopamine induced alpha-synuclein post-translational modifications, using mass-spectrometry tools. The present study will provide insights into the chemistry of alpha-synuclein post-translational modifications and provide knowledge for better and more complete understanding SYN aggregation and potential interventions and biomarkers for such reactions.
2. Human Genes and the Environment Research (HuGER) Training Grant, 2013-14.
3. NIEHS Training Grant-Environmental Toxicology of Human Diseases, 2014, 2015 (34, 35).
4. ASPET Best Student Abstract Award (Finalist), 2014-15.
5. ASPET Travel Award, 2014-15.
6. GPSC Travel Award, 2014-15.
1. L. E. Lizarraga, A. B. Cholanians, A. V Phan, J. M. Herndon, S. S. Lau, T. J. Monks. Pharmacological Inhibition of the Vesicular Monoamine Transporter 2 Attenuates 3, 4-(±)methylenedioxymethamphetamine (Ecstasy)-Induced Hyperthermia, Hyperactivity and Neurotoxicity in Sprague Dawley Rats. Toxicological Sciences. 2014 October.
2. L. E. Lizarraga, A. V Phan, A. B. Cholanians, J. M. Herndon, S. S. Lau, T. J. Monks. Serotonin Reuptake Transporter (SERT) Deficiency Protects Against 3, 4- (±)MethylenedioxyMethamphetamine-Induced Hyperthermia, Hyperactivity and Neurotoxicity in SERT-KO Rats. Toxicological Sciences. 2014 March 4 (In Press).
3. J. M. Herndon, A. B. Cholanians, L. E. Lizarraga, S. S. Lau, T. J. Monks. Catechol-O-Methyltransferase Inhibition and 3,4-(±)MethylenedioxyMethamphetamine-Induced Toxcicity. Toxicological Sciences. 2014 March 3 (In Press).
4. J. M. Herndon, A. B. Cholanians, S. S. Lau, T. J. Monks. (2013) Glial Cell Response to 3,4-(±)-MethylenedioxymetHamphetamine and Its Metabolites. Toxicological Sciences. 2013 Dec 3 (In Press).