PGY1 UAMC-University Campus: To Apply
General requirements for the program include:
- The applicant must possess a PharmD degree from an ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy.
- The applicant must be eligible for licensure as a pharmacist in the state of Arizona and, if selected, must successfully complete the board exam in Arizona, becoming licensed not later than Aug. 31.
- The applicant must be recommended by his/her college faculty and/or previous employer.
- It is desirable that the applicant have prior experience in hospital pharmacy practice.
The University of Arizona Residency Programs participate in the ASHP-associated Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) for applications and the National Matching Service (NMS) for the residency matching process. Required documents should be submitted through PhORCAS before the first Friday in January. Required documents include:
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three Letters of Recommendation.
More details on the use of PhORCAS can be found at www.ashp.org
Paper applications may be accepted under unusual circumstances through special arrangement with the Residency Program Director.
For more information:
William L. Fritz, MS, FASHP
Pharmacy Practice Residency Program
College of Pharmacy
Department of Pharmacy Practice & Science
PO Box 210202
Tucson, AZ 85721-0202
Number of positions: 5-8
ASHP Code: 81100
See the pages below for details of this residency.