Pharmacists who wish to acquire further knowledge and experience in clinical pharmacy should consider a residency program after completion of the doctor of pharmacy degree.
Residencies are generally one year in length and are paid positions that give the individual further knowledge and experience in various pharmacy settings. The College of Pharmacy offers a number of postgraduate year 1 (PGY1) and postgraduate year 2 (PGY2) residencies in a variety of settings, including those listed below.
- Pharmacy Residency at the University of Arizona Medical Center - University Campus
- Pharmacy Residency at University of Arizona Medical Center - South Campus
- Pharmacy Residencies at El Rio Health Center
- Pharmacy Residency at Northwest Medical Center
- Residency in Ambulatory Care
- Residency in Critical Care Pharmacy
- Residency in Emergency Medicine Pharmacy
- Residency in Infectious Diseases Pharmacy
- Residency in Internal Medicine Pharmacy
- Residency in Nutrition Support Pharmacy
- Residency in Pediatric Pharmacy
The start date for all residencies is July 1.
The application deadline is the first Friday in January.
This Year's Residents
This section includes brief professional biographies and email links to current UA pharmacy residents.
For more information about Tucson: