The information provided on this page is intended only for applicants to the UA College of Pharmacy PharmD program who are using the International Pharmacist application path.
The International Pharmacist application path is for people who have a bachelor's (or greater) degree from a country outside the United States that prepares them to practice pharmacy in the country where they obtained the degree. Qualified International Pharmacist applicants are admitted to the same four-year PharmD program as applicants using the Standard application path.
Applicants should have earned a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
Applicants must have completed one year of courses in:
- organic chemistry with lab,
- biology with lab, and
- human anatomy and physiology with lab.
Applicants also must have completed at least one course in:
- microbiology with lab, and
- introductory physics with lab.
International Pharmacist applicants do not have to meet specific course requirements in non-science coursework.
Submitting your transcript
The transcript evaluation service will electronically send its report directly to the UA College of Pharmacy. The college only will accept transcripts received from the evaluation service; do not mail your transcripts to the college.
When placing your WES order, select the ICAP Packages ($205) and the course-by-course evaluation. Please select the following options:
- "To Continue My Education" as the purpose of ordering the report
- "Add Recipient" and then "Educational Institution" as the type of recipient
- "University of Arizona (AZ)" as the recipient, followed by "College of Pharmacy- Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science"
It is your responsibility to arrange for coursework evaluation.
- Click 'For Individuals'
- Follow '5 Easy Steps to Apply'
- Submit only Post-Secondary transcripts unless otherwise requested.
Applicants must also demonstrate English proficiency unless they meet the criteria for exemption set by the University of Arizona. The College of Pharmacy will accept iBT TOEFL or IELTS scores that are no more than two years old. To qualify for admission, your iBT TOEFL total score must be 90 or higher or your IELTS overall score must be 7 or higher.
- TOEFL iBT: Please select "U Arizona College Pharmacy" Code B477.
- IELTS: Please select "University of Arizona College of Pharmacy."
Test scores must be sent electronically The college will not accept paper scores.
International Pharmacist applicants must meet many of the other requirements set for all PharmD applicants. These are explained in detail on other web pages. Please carefully review the How To Qualify and How To Apply sections for a thorough understanding of our PharmD prerequisites and application process.
Still have questions?
Contact our International Programs staff for a prompt response.
= Applies only to those using the International Pharmacist application path