This section describes the costs of attending a graduate program at the UA College of Pharmacy and the financial support available to students.
Click on the links below for more information.
Costs of attending a graduate program at the College of Pharmacy include registration fees and health insurance.
For information on current registration fees, see the University of Arizona Fee and Rate Schedule (select "graduate, regular").
Health Insurance Costs
Students must enroll for health insurance every semester through Student Link in order to take advantage of this benefit. Visit the Campus Health website for additional information about fees and insurance.
Help with the costs of attending a graduate program at the UA College of Pharmacy is available from the UA, the College of Pharmacy and other funding agencies.
Aid from UA
For information about how to qualify and apply for funding from various University of Arizona organizations, see the following links:
- Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Graduate College Financial Resources
- Graduate College Travel Grants
Aid from the College of Pharmacy
The UA College of Pharmacy offers financial aid in the form of graduate appointments and fellowships.
Paid research appointments are available to the majority of PhD students admitted into College of Pharmacy graduate programs. There is limited funding for master’s degree students.
Graduate appointments at UA are either research assistantships or teaching assistantships. All graduate appointments in the College of Pharmacy graduate programs are research assistantships.
Tuition is waived for students who are employed by the University of Arizona as research or teaching assistants. Graduate assistants will receive a 100% refund of in-state registration fees paid.
The college requires that PhD students who are on graduate appointments enroll for 13 units in each of the fall and spring semesters.
In addition, students receive a stipend to cover their living expenses. Current stipends are as follows:
- Grad Assist I = $21,500 - First-year students (prorated to their start date in mid-August)
- Grad Assist II = $23,394 - Second-year student without prior master’s degree
- Grad Assoc I = $23,967 - Second-year student with prior master’s degree
- Grad Assoc II = $24,438 - After student passes comprehensive exams
The following fellowships funded through the College of Pharmacy are available on a competitive basis.
- Arizona Chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (AzHIMSS) Graduate Fellowship
- Caldwell Health Sciences Research Fellowship
- Hugh E. Laird II Memorial Fellowship Endowment
- William and Betty Milleson Fink Graduate Student Fellowship
- Joseph B. Ryan Memorial Fellowship Award
- Yuma Friends of Arizona Health Sciences Fellowship
Aid from Other Funding Agencies
Students are encouraged to apply for funding from agencies outside the UA, including the following:
- American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education (AFPE)
- Achievement Rewards for College Scientists (ARCS Foundation)
- National Science Foundation
- Philanthropic Education Organization
- Spencer Foundation
- PhRMA Foundation Pre-Doctoral Fellowships