A Lunch-and-Learn to Help You Maximize the Impact of UA Software and Content
Join Tech Launch Arizona and our guest speakers as we explore ways to help you increase the impact of your important work in developing software and content at the UA.
Our speakers from the Polsinelli Law Firm:
- Ari M. Bai: A former patent examiner at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office and an in-house patent counsel for a multimillion dollar company, Ari Bai brings unique perspective and experience for assisting clients in protecting and leveraging their proprietary technologies.
- Timothy Fontes: Timothy draws upon his combined background of business and technology to pursue maximum value for intellectual property. Whether through trademark, copyright, patent, or other forms of intellectual property law, he endeavors to provide a broad spectrum of guidance.
Topics we'll cover include:
- Patent Profanities – avoiding words that should not be used in patents
- Overcoming Objections – new approaches to overcoming Patent Office objections to software as an Abstract Idea
- Systems Diagrams, Flowcharts and the Secret Sauce – pictures that tell a story and tell about your novel approach
- Starting Strong – tips that will make it easier for patenting and result in stronger protection
- Case Study – using a mock invention disclosure to explore patent considerations and claim strategy
There will also be ample time for Q&A, so bring your questions.
This event is geared toward UA faculty, researchers and graduate students.
Lunch will be provided for all who register in advance. If you have dietary restrictions, you are welcome to bring your own snacks and join us.