Heidi Mansour, PhD, RPh, associate professor with tenure, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, serves as associate professor, College of Medicine, and at the BIO5 Institute. Other appointments include track director, pharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics; associate member, NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center; affiliate faculty member, Institute of Environment and director, PharmD/PhD dual-degree joint program.
Editorial advisor to several journals, Mansour’s authored numerous peer-reviewed articles and book chapters. She serves on the drug-device discovery and development committee for the American Thoracic Society and annual faculty instructor, International Society of Aerosols in Medicine where she co-chaired the drug delivery: new devices and emerging therapies group.
- Inhalation Aerosols: Physical and Biological Basis for Therapy. Hickey, A. J. and Mansour, H.M. (Editors), Third Edition, Lung Biology in Health and Diseases Series, Executive Editor, Dr. Claude Lenfant, CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, London, United Kingdom. (2019) 418 pages. ISBN 9781138064799
- Nanomedicine in Drug Delivery. Kumar, A., Mansour, H.M., Friedman, A., and Blough, E. (Editors), CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, London, United Kingdom. (2013) 469 pages. ISBN: 9781466506169
- PCT/US18/57549 patent for Invention #UA 18-034 Provisional Patent. “Advanced Engineered Formulations of TMP/Ligustrazine and Microparticle/Nanoparticle Formulations for Inhalation Drug Delivery for Lung Vascular, Interstitial and Airway Diseases.” Inventors: Heidi M. Mansour, PhD, Jason X.-J. Yuan, MD, PhD, Jian Wang, PhD, Alexan Gomez, MS, Priya Muralidharan, PhD, and Yali Gu.
- PCT/US18/57551 patent for Invention #UA18-048 Provisional Patent. "Advanced Engineered Formulations of Rho/Rock Kinase Inhibitor (Fasudil) Microparticle/Nanoparticle Formulations for Inhalation Drug Delivery for Respiratory and Pulmonary Vascular Diseases and Applications Therein." Inventors: Heidi M. Mansour, PhD, Stephen M. Black, PhD, and Priya Muralidharan, PhD.
- PCT/US19/14255 patent for Invention #UA18-036 Provisional Patent. “Advanced Engineered Formulations of Simvastatin and Carnitine Microparticle/Nanoparticle Formulations for Inhalation Drug Delivery for Respiratory and Pulmonary Vascular Diseases and Applications Therein” Inventors: Heidi M. Mansour, PhD, Stephen M. Black, PhD, and Maria F. Acosta.
- PCT/US18/57457 patent for Invention #UA18-037 Provisional Patent. “Advanced Engineered Formulations of Suramin Microparticles and Nanoparticles for Drug Delivery and Applications Therein.” Inventors: Heidi M. Mansour, PhD, Rick G. Schnellmann, PhD., and Maria Acosta.
Post-Doctoral, Molecular Pharmaceutics, University of North Carolina, 2008
Post-Doctoral, Pharmaceutical Science, University of Wisconsin, 2004
PhD Major, Pharmaceutics/Drug Delivery, University of Wisconsin, 2003
PhD Minor, Advanced Physical and Interfacial Chemistry, University of Wisconsin, 1999
BS, Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, 1996
- Cystic fibrosis
- Inhaled medical aerosols
- Lung transplantation
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Nanotechnology and nanomedicine
- Lung surfactant and respiratory distress syndrome
- Infectious diseases
- Acute lung injury
- CNS and brain neurotherapeutics
- Inhaled medical aerosols and inhaler devices
- Advanced drug delivery systems
- Drug-device combination products
- In vitro USP/FDA performance testing
- In vitro 2-D/3-D human cellular models for drug transport
- In vivo animal models for PK/PD