The Arizona Center for Drug Discovery was created to catalyze new drug treatment discoveries by connecting the right people with the right projects at the right time.
By translating current research into commercializable opportunities, the Arizona Center for Drug Discovery aims to create a portfolio which spans biologic targets, therapeutic areas and modalities. The Center is advised by a Scientific Advisory Board, a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary group who oversees all of the Center's initiatives.
Arizona Center for Drug Discovery Scientific Advisory Board
- Rick G. Schnellmann, PhD, Chair, Dean (University of Arizona College of Pharmacy), Howard J. Schaeffer Endowed Chair Professor, Pharmacology and Toxicology Professor, Medicine and Physiology Professor (University of Arizona College of Medicine)
- Karen Lackey, PhD, Interim Director (Arizona Center for Drug Discovery)
- Rakhi Gibbons, PSM, Director of Licensing, Tech Launch Arizona (University of Arizona)
- Jon Njardarson, PhD, Professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry (University of Arizona)
- William G. Cance, MD, Finley & Florence Brown Professor of Cancer Research Deputy Director (University of Arizona Cancer Center at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center), Professor of Interdisciplinary Oncology and Surgery (University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix)
- William R. Montfort, PhD, Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry Co-Lead, Therapeutic Development (University of Arizona Cancer Center)
- Rachna Shroff, MD, MS, Chief (Section of GI Medical Oncology), Associate Professor of Medicine - Division of Hematology/Oncology (University of Arizona Cancer Center)
- Paul E. Boehmer, PhD, Interim Associate Dean for Research Chair and Professor, Department of Basic Medical Sciences (University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix)
- Laurence Hurley, PhD, CSO (Reglagene), Professor, Medicinal Chemistry (University of Arizona College of Pharmacy)
- Scott Boitano, PhD, Professor, Physiology Asthma and Airway Disease Research Center (University of Arizona Health Sciences Center)
- Andrew Kraft, MD, Director (University of Arizona Cancer Center), Sydney E. Salmon Endowed Chair, Associate Vice President, Oncology Programs Professor, Cellular and Molecular Medicine Professor, Medicine Senior Associate Dean, Translational Research
- Todd Vanderah, PhD, Professor and Head Department of Pharmacology Professor of Anesthesiology and Neurology (University of Arizona College of Medicine)
- Alli Benjamin, APR, Communications Director (University of Arizona College of Pharmacy)