Check out a video of UA Homecoming on the UANews site.
Homecoming 2010, Oct. 22-24, offered alumni a variety of opportunities to learn, celebrate, recognize and be recognized. Here is a brief summary of the activities that took place; don't miss the photos that follow!
On Friday, Oct. 22:
- Pharmacy joined with the other health sciences colleges on the AHSC walkway and held health screenings, displays and other activities.
- UA and the Alumni Association honored an alumnus or alumna from each college as its Alumnus of the Year. The College of Pharmacy honoree was three-time graduate Metta Lou Henderson.
- The college held its Reception and Dinner, the main event for returning alumni. We started the evening at an informal reception on the lawn south of Drachman Hall, and then gathered in the big tent for dinner and alumni awards. One new feature this year was a dessert tasting. A group of sweet pharmacy students volunteered to bake a variety of desserts that were not just delicious, but approved for people with diabetes.
On Saturday, Oct. 23:
- The college hosted a tent on the UA Mall for alumni to meet up and renew friendships.
- The Arizona Wildcats battled the Washington Huskies on the gridiron. The cats thumped the dogs 44-14.
On Sunday, Oct. 24:
- COP hosted a Philanthropic Leaders Brunch. Recent donors who support the college through scholarships and other gifts were honored with a brunch at the Arizona Inn in Tucson. Scholarship recipients were on hand to thank our generous philanthropists.